Dominick D'Altilio brings hands-on experience to DeFeo Associates' public works, municipal recycling and waste management consulting services.
For over thirty-five years, he was employed by the City of East Orange as its Assistant Director of Public Works, Sanitation Superintendent and Recycling Coordinator. There he was responsible for developing goods and services specifications, authoring solid waste and recycling collection service contracts, devising routing schemes and overseeing recycling collection and handling operations.
During his tenure, he was given the Outstanding Achievement in Recycling award by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and Energy, as well as the Recycling Excellence Award from the Association of New Jersey Recyclers (ANJR).
For nearly twenty years, Dominick has been an instructor and speaker for Rutgers University and Cook College Undergraduate and Continuing Professional Education programs, where he lectures on topics including Waste and Recycling Collection Techniques, Contract & Specification Writing and Routing.
He authored "The Recycling Coordinator's Primer", which is designed for recycling coordinators and contains information about the laws governing and regulating recycling in New Jersey and a fundamental understanding of their duties.
Since joining DeFeo Associates, Dominick has helped to develop public works best practices manuals as well as managed departmental management transitions for DeFeo clients. He currently serves as the president of the Association of NJ Recyclers, and is and Advisory Committee Member, Facility Coordinator and Instructor in the NJ Recycling Certification Series. He is a Certified Recycling Professional.
Certifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Studies, Ramapo College
- Certified Recycling Professional, New Jersey
- Certified Online Instructor - Design
- Board Member Emeritus, Association of NJ Recyclers
- Member, Past Chairman, Essex County (NJ) Solid Waste Advisory Council
- Sustainable Resource Management Professional (SRMP)
- Outstanding Achievement in Recycling, Regional Recycling Program, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- Recycling Excellence Award for outstanding contributions to Recycling in NJ, Association of New Jersey Recyclers
- Director's Award, Cook College, Rutgers University